Kinsman Commercial District, 1936

Kinsman Commercial District, 1936
The Kingsbury Building was one of a handful of commercial districts strategically located at busy thruways and intersections. Running along the southern boundary of Shaker Heights, Kinsman Road (now Chagrin) was also designated for commercial development by the Van Sweringen Co. This east-west transportation artery not only connected eastern townships and Shaker Heights to Cleveland, but acted as a gateway to the residential community.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State University Special Collections
Download Original File