Great Lakes Expo


This file appears in: The Mall
Great Lakes Expo

Seven 70-foot tall pylons on the Mall marked the main entrance to the Great Lakes Exposition. The Sherwin Williams Plaza was also located there, consisting of a bandshell and seating area where concerts and national radio broadcasts were staged.

Visitors to the Expo, held during the summers of 1936 and 1937, crossed a bridge over the train tracks north of the Mall to reach the fair's main attractions on the lakefront.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State University Library Special Collections


This file appears in: The Mall