Former Searles Store, 1949


This file appears in: Searles Creamery
Former Searles Store, 1949

The Searles and Bangs families once operated a drugstore at State and Royalton Roads near the Searles creamery. The Searles family took sole ownership of the store in 1872 and sold it to Ed Cerny in 1910 to focus on their funeral home business. The store (at right) was under unknown ownership in this photo from 1949. The corner pictured here has been a place for food and sundry retail in Royalton for over 140 years and is now home to the Royalton Plaza Shopping Center.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State Library Special Collections


This file appears in: Searles Creamery