Moses Cleaveland Statue


This file appears in: Moses Cleaveland
Moses Cleaveland Statue

In 1888, James C. Hamilton sculpted a statue in honor of the city's founding father Moses Cleaveland. The original statue was rejected by Cleveland City Council as being too tall, so a piece was removed from the midsection and the halves were rejoined. The statue stands just under 8 feet tall. Moses Cleaveland holds surveying tools in each of his hands - a compass in his left and a Jacob's staff in his right.


This file appears in: Moses Cleaveland