Erie Depot


This file appears in: Star of the West Flour Mill
Erie Depot

When the Atlantic & Great Western Railroad (later named the Erie Railroad) came to Kent in 1863, the city was transformed. The Erie Depot featured in this photo is one of Kent's greatest accomplishments and one of the most recognizable structures in the city. Overlooking the Kent Dam, this two story depot housed a ticket and telegraph office on the first floor as well as waiting rooms and an elegant restaurant. The second floor consisted on living quarters for the restaurant manager and a reading room for railroad workers.

Image courtesy of the Kent Historical Society


This file appears in: Star of the West Flour Mill