Kent Grist Mill


This file appears in: Star of the West Flour Mill
Kent Grist Mill

Established in 1832, the Kent Flour Mill (on the right) was once the pride of Franklin Township. It stood on the western bank of the Cuyahoga and ran until the river flooded in 1913. Standing to the left of the mill in this photograph is the town's tannery, which was operated for a time by famous abolitionist John Brown. Both these buildings have since been torn down.

Image courtesy of Kent Historical Society


This file appears in: Star of the West Flour Mill