Camp Cleveland


This file appears in: 7th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Camp Cleveland

Camp Cleveland was the largest training camp in Northeast Ohio during the Civil War. The 7th OVI received their training at Camp Taylor, near the intersection of East 30th Street and Woodland Avenue. But, the 7th OVI did muster out at Camp Cleveland on July 8, 1864. This historical marker in Tremont, overlooking the Cuyahoga River valley at the intersection of West 10th Street, West 7th Street, and University Road, indicates the spot at which Camp Cleveland used to be located.


This file appears in: 7th Ohio Volunteer Infantry