May's on the Heights, 1957


This file appears in: May Company
May's on the Heights, 1957

The May Company in University Heights, located at the intersection of Warrensville and Cedar Roads opened in 1956 and signaled the company's shift towards suburban areas. Several more May Company branches opened in Cleveland's suburbs in the following two decades. This complex, designed by the renowned mall architect Victor Gruen, was demolished in the 1990s to make way for a new shopping center.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State University Library Special Collections


This file appears in: May Company