Oldest Stone House, 1975


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House
Oldest Stone House, 1975

The Oldest Stone House underwent extensive renovations in 1975. The one-story wooden addition that probably contained the house's kitchen, but which had been removed by 1901, was again added to the house. Workers also re-stabilized the house's foundation, removed a number of the original rotting floorboards, and added a concrete basement that contains classrooms, a restroom, offices, and extra storage space.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State Library Special Collections


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House