Moving Day, 1952


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House
Moving Day, 1952

Mural and Sons Construction Company moved the Oldest Stone House to Lakewood Park on November 16, 1952. Margaret Manor Butler, who had founded the Lakewood Historical Society that year with the express purpose of saving the house, persuaded an initially skeptical Lakewood City Council to cover $10,000 of the moving and restoration costs. Butler raised the remaining $3,500 needed through other sources within the community.

Image courtesy of the Lakewood Historical Society


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House