HABS Sketch, 1935


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House
HABS Sketch, 1935

The United States Department of the Interior's Historic American Buildings Survey made this sketch of the Oldest Stone House -- misidentified as the Hall House -- in 1935. Joseph Curtis Hall did construct a stone house in Lakewood (then known as Rockport Township) shortly after Honam constructed his, but Hall's was razed in 1916 to make way for an expansion of Lakewood Hospital. In the official Library of Congress record for this HABS entry, there is a 1958 letter from the Lakewood Historical Society correcting this mistake.

Image courtesy of the Library of Congress


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House