Leisy Brewery Lithograph


This file appears in: Stone Mad Pub
Leisy Brewery Lithograph

The Leisy Brewing Company was established by Isaac Leisy and his two brothers in 1873. The brewery was located on an eight acre estate at Vega Avenue and Pearl Street. The self sufficient plant consisted of multiple departments, including a black smith shop to manufacture tools and items such as horseshoes, stables to house delivery horses, a woodworking shop to build fixtures for Leisy-owned saloons, a cooperage to create kegs, a granary for malting grains, and two silos to store barley.

Photograph courtesy of Cleveland State University Special Collections


This file appears in: Stone Mad Pub