"Crypt of Nations" Dedication, 1939


This file appears in: American Legion Peace Gardens
"Crypt of Nations" Dedication, 1939

A new base for the "Peace" statue was unveiled in the American Legion Peace Garden in July, 1939. Also on this day, the "Crypt of Nations" - where soil taken from the nations represented in the Cultural Gardens is intermingled in the name of peace and brotherhood - was dedicated at the statue's base. The funnel where dignitaries deposited their soil can be seen in the foreground.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State Library Special Collections


This file appears in: American Legion Peace Gardens