Kosciuszko Memorial, 1938


This file appears in: Polish Cultural Garden
Kosciuszko Memorial, 1938

The Polish community in Cleveland often gathered at the Tadeusz Kosciuszko memorial. This particular memorial is not located in the Polish Cultural Garden but in the nearby Wade Park, just west of the Cleveland Museum of Art. Erected in 1905, it honors the Polish national hero and American Revolutionary War Colonel. This photograph shows a 1938 wreath laying ceremony.

Pictured are (from left to right): S. A. Krawczyk, commander Lincoln Post No. 13 of Polish Legion of American Veterans; Z. P. Zakrzewski, commander Post No. 6, Polish Army Veterans; K. J. Zielecki, marshal of parade; and Eli Gurowich, field marshal Post No. 13, Polish Legion of American Veterans.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State Library Special Collections


This file appears in: Polish Cultural Garden