The first place of worship


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church
The first place of worship

The first church of the St. Mark's Episcopal parish was a one-story wooden building with a spire that was built in 1870 and enlarged in 1873. While no photo of that original church has to date been found, this section of the 1881 Cleveland Atlas shows the general footprint and lot location of the building in that year. The other building shown in the circled area of the map was the house of Rev. Lewis Burton at 350 Franklin which, after 1905, became 4815 Franklin.


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church