A new look


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church
A new look

After St. Mark's parish departed from the building in 1940, the church on the corner of West 48th and Franklin Boulevard became home to a number of different charismatic Christian denominations, including the First United Pentecostal Church which purchased the building from the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio in March 1953, according to a July 4, 1953 Plain Dealer article. The Pentecostal parish made extensive repairs and renovations to the church in that year which possibly included the alterations to the tower seen in this 1986 photo. In 1972, the Pentecostal parish sold the church building to the another charismatic denomination known as the Four Square Gospel Church, which was the owner of the building at the time this photograph was taken.


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church