Pastor, St. Agnes for the Deaf


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church
Pastor, St. Agnes for the Deaf

Rev. Howard A. L. Grindon (1900-1962), shown in this 1948 photo, served as pastor of St. Agnes Episcopal Church for the Deaf. His congregation met and held services at the original St. Mark's church on West 48th Street from 1941 until 1953 when, according to a Plain Dealer article, the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio sold the property to the First United Pentecostal Church. The congregation, led by Rev. Grindon who had become vicar at St. John's Episcopal Church, later held its services at that historic Cleveland church.


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church