St. Mark's Episcopal Church


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church
St. Mark's Episcopal Church

Built during the period 1890-1892, the stone church on the southwest corner of Franklin Boulevard and West 48th Street was home to St. Mark's Episcopal parish from 1892 to 1940. To the rear of the church is the original wooden chapel built by St. John's parish in 1870 and enlarged by St. Mark's parish in 1873. Partly visible to the right of the stone church is the house at 4815 Franklin Boulevard which was built for Rev. Lewis Burton in circa 1870 but which is no longer standing today. This photo was taken in 1953, the year in which the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio sold the property to the First United Pentecostal Church.


This file appears in: St. Mark's Episcopal Church