First Congregational Church - West Side


This file appears in: Wallace Manor
First Congregational Church - West Side

Designed by the architectural firm of Coburn and Barnum in 1883, this great stone church was erected on the southeast corner of Franklin Boulevard and Taylor (West 45th) Street during the years 1883-1885. Robert Wallace, who was a member of the parish and a trustee of the church, was deeply involved in the planning and siting of the new church, which, when completed, was just several blocks down the street from Wallace Manor. The First Congregational Church was demolished in 1959 and replaced by a new structure built and occupied by the St. Paul Community Church. This undated photo was taken, according to the Cleveland Memory Project, between 1900 and 1929.


This file appears in: Wallace Manor