The New St. Luke's Hospital


This file appears in: St. Luke's Hospital
The New St. Luke's Hospital

This booklet cover shows St. Luke’s after its completion in 1927. The main building, named for Dudley P. Allen, was made possible through a substantial gift from Elisabeth Severance Allen Prentiss. Additions were made to this structure in 1942, 1948, 1963, and 1975. It closed in 1999 and stood vacant for many years before becoming the centerpiece of an affordable housing development in the 2010s.


This file appears in: St. Luke's Hospital