The Wrap-Around Porch


This file appears in: Ball-Wilson House
The Wrap-Around Porch

According to Sanborn maps, a porch was added to the Ball-Wilson house sometime between 1896 and 1913. The porch wrapped around the front and west side of the house as shown in this photo postcard. Included among the people shown in the photo are Elbert J. Edson (farthest left) and his wife Elizabeth Edson (woman standing on the porch). The Edsons rented the house at 2902 Franklin, according to Cleveland directories, from 1907-1909. The other people in the photo are identified as "roomers."


This file appears in: Ball-Wilson House