Fish in the Fifties


This file appears in: Captain Frank's Lobster House
Fish in the Fifties

Captain Frank's opened in 1954, then the sole occupant of the East 9th St. Pier. Note the vessel at upper right—most likely the USS Cod which, following decommissioning, was moved from the St. Lawrence Seaway to Cleveland in 1959. The submarine's five diesel engines were built by General Motors' Cleveland Diesel Plant on the west side of Cleveland.


This file appears in: Captain Frank's Lobster House